- I'm no economist,but how come we need to raise the GST to 7% in order to help the poor?Its like Robin Hood robbing from the poor to help the poor.Even FT finds this logic funny.
- If all the southern islands of Singapore becomes the home and playground of the rich folks(with their yetch,marina,luxury cruiser and all),would this create an Apartheid-by financial status-like Singapore?One where the poor lives in the mainland and the well-heeled lives in the islands,away and isolated from the average Singaporeans?
- How come Singaporeans who lived in India for a long time don't come back speaking English in Indian accent, but those who got stuck in transit in NY for two hours come back with Bronx accent?
- There will be no increase in all government fees for one year after the GST hike kicks in.What happens after that one year?
- I'm no marketing expert,but is it pure stupidity or do they think they have struck on a winning formula? I mean to build a Hyper-Mega-Super-Ultra retail outlet out in an ulu ulu place along Tampines Road.
- 3-year free wireless access islandwide to kick off in December.Really?This 3 years free thingy is just to test their network coverage and trouble shoot the system. After 3 years when wireless penetration is common then comes the raw deal. Pay till you drop to continue with your newly accquired lifestyle if you want.Hehehhe
- Is it a growing trend to keep bumping into local girls with negros?(Can't address them as African American because can't simply assume that they are either African or American in the first place) This is especially so in Tampines and Sengkang.After they recovered from Ang Moh Pinkerton Syndrome, now our girls are going for negros too? What next? Spore men has abandoned our girls for China and Vietnam brides. Is it payback time for Singaporean men?
- Why do Singaporeans believe everything they read in the newspapers?As for me,I only believe what I read in the Little Red Dot, Digital Life and Comics section.Why am I sooo cynical?Is it time for me to check-in into an instituition?
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Things That Keep Me Awake At Night
It doesnt bother most people,but it sure makes me sit up and think....